Effective May 12, 2020.
Copyright © 2013 AFAX.ca, faxthis.ca, faxthis.net, afax.io, afax.email, fax.farm, and afaxlink.ca owned by Bridge Call Inc., ("provider") power the services subjected in this document.
AFAX ("we", "us", or "provider") respectfully protects your ("you'', "user", "subscriber" or "customer", "visitor") privacy.
Our web server and web application automatically capture visitors' traffic information; this information may be used to analyze the geographical distribution of our website visitors and may be used for marketing and providing better service to our future customers.
When you become a subscriber, in line with providing you with our products and services, we also collect personal information where possible, including (but not limited to):
- Your recognition data (like. name, address, phone number, email address, credit card);
- Your profile information (like country of residencies);
- Your online identification data (like ISP IP addresses and cookies);
- Your payment information (credit card information, billing address);
- An aggregated data because of your service usage for demographic analysis;
- Your detail and historical order information corresponded to products and services;
- Your detailed communication data (data processed for billing, including, but not limited to, the duration of service).
Use of Collected Information:
We may collect from, or use and disclose this information to any person or organization for the following purposes:
- To confirm your identity;
- To understand your needs;
- To determine the suitability of our Services for you;
- To determine your eligibility for our Services;
- To set up, manage and offer Services that meet your needs;
- To provide you with ongoing Service;
- To meet our legal and regulatory requirements;
- To manage and assess our risks;
- To prevent or detect fraud or criminal activity or to manage and settle any actual or potential loss in connection with fraud or criminal activity.
We keep personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill these purposes, and we take reasonable actions to make sure that your personal information is secure. Knowing that, while providing products and services are over the Internet, and the Internet has some security weaknesses by nature, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
You have the right to access and, where applicable, change any of your personal information. Some of your personal information may be accessed and edited online by logging into your account "My Profile" page on our website. If you would like to review and edit your other personal information, you can contact us by visiting our contact us page; we will respond to requests within a reasonable time upon verification of your identity.
You may request to delete/purge personal information after termination of your service unless we establish that information must be retained by law or for lawful business purposes.
We set aside the exclusive right to modify the provisions of this Privacy statement if we deem necessary, with or without informing you. You expressly agree that by continuing use of the AFAX Services, applications, software, and products, you shall constitute your acceptance of the revised Privacy Statement.
Privacy and "Cookies"
A "cookie" is a piece of data that a web server creates when visiting a website. This data is typically encoded information about how and when you use a site. It is placed on your Personal Computer (PC) or intelligent device in the form of a small text file.
There are two types of cookies: "session cookies" and "persistent cookies":
- Session cookies are used only for the length of time you stay on the website. When you leave the area, they expire and are no longer active.
- Persistent cookies are more permanent and can be re-read when you return to the site that placed them on your local PC. Opposing some media reports, cookies cannot carry viruses or other damaging data.
Session and persistent cookies are used within the public websites at AFAX.ca.